Best epoxy brand

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

BbTahoe

Best epoxy brand

Post by BbTahoe »

Hey guys,

I found a company that makes an additive to epoxy and polyester that is soy based and doesn't sacrifice any material properties. They add it to a manufacturers epoxy and it stretches it out up to 30%. Higher percentages could lose some strength.

So far I've been ordering from snowboardmaterials.com and so I don't know what brand of epoxy I've been using. Has anyone found the ideal epoxy brand? Since this is going to a 3rd party to be mixed, ordering directly from the manufacturer would be ideal.

Thanks in advance!
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

I use raka

www.raka.com
billl

soy-based additive

Post by billl »

Hi Bbtahoe

would you be able to share with the community the name of the soy additive product that you found? I think lots of us would like to know more about this.

Cheers!
billl
BbTahoe

Post by BbTahoe »

The name of the company is VertaChem. I talked to them in the fall and they were working exclusively with polyester, but I'm hoping that they've expanded their repertoire to include epoxy. They don't sell anything alone, but they will mix in the additive in with other epoxy.
Greg

Post by Greg »

If you can get it, QCM is really awesome stuff. Plus, they are pretty supportive of skibuilders, and they actually have engineer folks you can talk to.