Ski Press in New England

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mel220

Ski Press in New England

Post by mel220 »

Im currently doing a science research project on building skis with bamboo cores. Does anyone in the area of New England, especially Connecticut have a ski press already made? Or is there someone who could help me with this project?
camhard

Post by camhard »

I can't help you out... I'm in Vancouver, BC. but I'd really like to know whatever you find. What specifically are you researching about bamboo cores?
thetradwoodboat

Post by thetradwoodboat »

hey mel220, i build skis in portsmouth, nh. the mold i'm using now is for a 171cm ski, done in a vacuum bag. let me know more about what you need , i may be able to help.
nate
heybulldog

Post by heybulldog »

I live in Reading Pa. It's about 2 hours from New York city. I have no doubt that there is a press closer to you. If noone will give you a hand I will
If at first you don't succeed, try try again.
danishstock

Post by danishstock »

I'm also in southern NH and have a 160-180 cm vac set-up. Keep us posted.
mel220

Post by mel220 »

thank you all so much for your responses, im sorry i took so long to get back to you
if you are still willing to help, can you please give me your email address so we could talk about actually getting this project on its way?
thanks!