mounting point questions?

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

SRP

mounting point questions?

Post by SRP »

Question 1: I know that the standard is to put the sidecut center and boot center with approx. 55% of the skis surface area in front. I am wondering if that means 55% of running length or of total ski length. I realize this is all dependent on a lot of factors, but I just looking for a general starting point. I plan to mount rental bindings so I can play around with it anyway.

Question 2: For anyone who has done a rockered ski. I am wondering what you came up with for the mounting point? I am thinking of a ski with a normal camber (minimal) and sidecut under foot (running length of about 115) with a long rockered tip and tail. Not sure about mounting point?

I am looking to start building moulds in the next couple of weeks and am just trying to get this worked out. Thanks for any advice from the great ski building forum members. I will try to post pics of my press, etc. sometime in the next couple of days.
Thanks, Scott