duraclear

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

plywood

duraclear

Post by plywood »

hi folks! once again a little question:
has anyone used duraclear topsheet? and has anyone tried to apply some grafics to it?
duraclear is a transparent topsheet which should be well suitable for printing on the "backside" of it. i just found out that silkscreen should go well with it, but i haven`t found any informations about what kind of colours to use...

and there are so many different types of silkscreen colours around!
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
brodo

Post by brodo »

I am using Duraclear top sheet with good results and screen printing on Duraclear is supposed to work. I have actually experimented with this just the last couple of days. I have been advised that it should work with the ordinary transparent water soluble paper ink of good quality, that I have been using for screen printing on veneer on my last par if skis. My current ink supplier told me that once the ink had dried it should stick to the plastic, even with epoxy added. But when I tested this last night I found that the ink didn’t stick to the top sheet all that well. It could be scratched of and later wiped of only using water. My worry is that it will dissolve with the epoxy and blur out during lay up. So I think some other ink is needed. I have earlier read about some Nazdar epoxy ink on Grafs forum I think.
brodo

Post by brodo »

Found this chart in my search for ink.

http://www.basler-lacke.com/files/pdf/s ... teme_e.pdf