Hybrid press

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bostonski

Hybrid press

Post by bostonski »

Im planning on building my first press come April and I was wondering if anyone has experimented using a hybrid press (pneumatic and vacuum).

I have heard a lot of people have issues with air bubbles and de-lamming and was curious if this would prevent that problem.

Just kinda throwing it out there, im certainly no expert. Let me know what you guys think.
Idris

Post by Idris »

Way too much work starting out. I'd say start with vacuum (cost + ease of setup) and then move onto pneumatic if you are building many pairs.
bostonski

Post by bostonski »

Ya, im not really thinking about doing this for my first press I am just wondering how it would work from a technical point of view, like whether it would actually help the pressing process?

Say for example vacuum for 30 minutes or so, then turn on the pneumatic press.
plywood

Post by plywood »

i`ve heard of it once...but i really don`t see the advantages of using vacuum AND a pneumatic press.
it only would make sence if you had some sorf of 3d surface...but even then...
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

I could picture the vacuum helping out with the problem some people are having with their radiused pieces not having enough pressure.