New Bean Board

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

beansnow

New Bean Board

Post by beansnow »

Hey guys just wanna to show off the new board. thanks to everyone on this site for all their help.

There are a few issues with this board but its pretty close to perfect. We messed up the sidewall on one side. We made tooling that is pring loaded with a roller ball so that the board camber is held down while it can still move in horizontal plane through the router bit, we need to add another roller because when we reached the end it was able to come up a little and messed up the sidewall.

There are also bubbles in the base, we used too much epoxy and it made an airtight seal along one section of edge, i believe the air under the base expanded when heated and made an indent in the base. We also have one indent in the top sheet probly from someone pushing down with their finger.

I'll take pics of the defects and what we think caused them and how to fix them soon.

The graphics were printed by Lindsay at snbm.com came out real nice. A little expensive tho :)

enjoy and feel free to comment pos/neg

mark

Post by mark »

Good looking board. Are they blowing snow at Wachusett yet? ;) :D
plywood

Post by plywood »

it looks great! really cool grafic!
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
Rob

Post by Rob »

I see the prudential building, looks like a great board, i am still in the research and money funding stage of building boards but an east coast rider that is home to wachusetts as well as I am is an inspiration, keep up the nasty boards
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

that is some really nice work. the graphic is wonderfully eye-pleasing. i love to see the craftsmanship being displayed, as well as the energy in making your own board!! tell us how it works!