July 12-13, 2005, San Gorgonio Mountain and Jepson Peak, CA

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bigKam
Site Admin

July 12-13, 2005, San Gorgonio Mountain and Jepson Peak, CA

Post by bigKam »

i'm down in So. Cal. visiting family, including Little Kam. it's good to see his setup and every moment that Little Kam and i are together, we talk about building skis or skiing. and all this talk about skiing makes us want to ski. but in So. Cal., finding snow in the mid-July is tough, but luckily there's some left way up high on San Gorgonio Mountain. Little Kam and i spent two days in the San G area. we skied the north side of San G and Jepson Peak. Little Kam tested out his new Taos and found them to be excellent. "the titanal makes them snappy," he says. anyway, i'll leave it up to Little Kam to write up a trip report and for him to talk more about how his new skis performed.

on this trip i rode the Ahma BCs and they were great, except i took a minor fall over some rocks that caused the topsheet near the tail of the ski to rip off. it's not surprising that the topsheet peeled because the ABS material that Kelvin and i used did not bound well. it's better to use specially abraided P-tex material, i think.

below are some photos i took of Little Kam dropping into one of the north couloirs of Jepson Peak (11,205 ft.). he cranked some beautiful turns on his new Taos.

i've posted a trip report on Turns-all-year for those interested...

-big kam