Need new home for Fontaine Ski Tuning Machine FREE

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bigskymtnguy

Need new home for Fontaine Ski Tuning Machine FREE

Post by bigskymtnguy »

I purchased a used Fontaine Ski Tuner several years ago from a ski patroller in Michigan. He used the machine to tune skis for fellow patrollers. The tuner is a combination belt/stone. The belt is 150 mm wide and the stone is approx 130 mm, Clean, no rust, and in dry storage since I bought it. Even though this is an older machine, upgrades and spare parts are still available. Dave at Sun Valley Ski Tools is the resource guy for upgrades/parts. I purchased several spare parts from Dave when I bought the machine, I bought a special concave platten for the belt (takes the edges down better) as well as replacements for a couple of the plastic button covers broken during shipping. You can see the scratch and the broken button covers in the photo, but I have the replacements. The most popular upgrade is to go from a 130 mm stone to a 150 mm stone. I have never started and operated the Fontaine and abandoned the project. The guy I bought it from used it right up until the day it was packed and shipped. I also have an edger that is available to go with the Fontaine. It is Skid brand. I'm willing to donate this machine to someone, as sending it to recycling for the scrap metal would tear my heart out. It would be a great addition to the shop of a home ski builder or a race program/ski patrol at a ski area. The buyer would have to arrange freight, which is the only cost you would incur. Yes, there are freight terminals in Missoula, MT. Pick up is also available in Missoula, MT. but you would need a lift gate truck or something similar. I once moved a stone grinder with the use of a tow truck. Please respond immediately if interested, as I can only hold on to it until July. The garage where the machine is stored is being sold and it needs to be moved. If I have to move it, it will only be once...to the recycling center (sob).

Whoops! The photo I have here is "too large of unsupported format." I will post one when I get over to the garage and take another photo.
Thelongride

Re: Need new home for Fontaine Ski Tuning Machine FREE

Post by Thelongride »

Very interested! Shoot me an email thelongride2 at gmail.com and we can go from there. Thanks, Peter
okstcd

Post by okstcd »

Also very interested if you've still got these.

I'm located in CO so I'd have to drive up and get it in the truck. If you're still interested in getting rid of it, and havn't already feel free to shoot me a text at (970)-343-2740

Thanks!
bigskymtnguy

Post by bigskymtnguy »

Hi, seems like a lucky guy from Washington will be picking up, so I guess it's no longer available. If it doesn't work out I'll repost.