Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Binding Placement

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Ski/Snowboard Design and Layup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Binding Placement Reply with quote

I have been mounting all the skis that I have with demo bindings so I can move both heels and toes forward and aft. I am amazed at how much different the skis perform with just a few millimeters difference. I mounted a pair of 176 skis at the recommended mount point and I have an average foot size. (9.5US). They skied ok but after moving them 5mm forward, the ski became "alive". It tracked better and stayed right in the turn. I never use the mounting marks on the skis. I find what the suggested mounting point is and measure from the tail. I have found skis that the top sheet and side mounting lines to be inaccurate so I never rely on graphics.

I have been a proponent of moveable bindings for years. I have made a lot of believers out of the doubters by letting them ski my skis and adjust the position of the boot on the ski.
It is too bad that the binding manufacturers have not spent anytime educating people on how important binding placement is. I heard that Marker is discontinuing the Skizo binding that has infinite adjustment forwward and aft. They said that it did not sell. I believe that they just weren't very good at educating the public and marketing the binding correctly.

What are your thoughts on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Ski/Snowboard Design and Layup All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: