Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hannes 17/18

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Journals: Log Your Ski Building Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hannes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Hannes 17/18 Reply with quote

So I have been busy lately.
During the last winter I decided to built a powderski for telemarking. And a friend of mine got really hooked on moguls so we decided to give it a try and make a mogulski.

The powderski has an ashcore, ABS sidewalls and tipsavers and snowboardinserts. The core is 2.5-11.5-2.5, layup:
Veneer
400g ud glas
300g biax carbon
50g glasfleece
core
50g glasfleece
300g biax carbon
400g ud glas
base, edge, vds

Dimensions:
187cm, 100cm running length, 54cm Tip, 33cm Tail, radius 30m, 139-126-130

The mogulski has no sidewalls since it is more like a prototype. The core is ash as well.
Veneer
120g ud flax
1150g triax glas
core
1150 triax glas
base, edge, vds

Dimensions:
175cm, 98-66-88, radius 22m

So last weekend I went to Winterberg, a small resort nearby which just opened. Of course I had to try the powderski on the groomers. Well, I made it turn. Eventually. This ski is not made to be moved on light blue beginnerslopes. After it got a bit steeper I felt this would be fun at some higher speed. This is to much of a ski for the Sauerland:-) Now I hope my wife sees my vital need to visit the alps as soon as possible.

There were just a few moguls in Winterberg and hell yes the mogulski is the toy I wanted. Very quick from edge to edge, agressive and fun.
Akiwi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look pretty awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Journals: Log Your Ski Building Progress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: