CNC'ed templates in WA

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Boyces

CNC'ed templates in WA

Post by Boyces »

Hello all, i'm a fairly new builder, i've built a couple pairs of skis and have discovered that making accurate templates without access to a cnc is a serious pain. I was wondering if any WA builders who have cnc's would be willing to cut out some templates and/or molds (or if yall know any affordable shops with cnc routers). I can pay in cash, beer or stoke.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Hi,

some time ago I posted a method of creating accurate templates without CNC. Have a look in the Journal section, the topic is called "Detailed documentation of my next build"

Cheers
Philipp
Wvmtnbiker

Post by Wvmtnbiker »

http://www.axiscutparts.com

14424 86th ave east
Puyallup, Washington 98375
Phone: 253-332-6491
Email at info@axiscutparts.com

I've had molds and ski templates cut out of 1/2 and 3/4" mdf. I've used him 2 or three times and he seems reasonably priced. I think it cost about $75 per 4x8 sheet depending on the size of the parts - he may have charged slightly more for the cutouts for the tip and tail molds.
Boyces

Post by Boyces »

thank you
Cadman

Post by Cadman »

Beaver Machineworks in Woodinville, WA has built molds for years. They have a 5'x10' CNC router. I have had aluminum molds, form blocks, and routing templates made there. I actually used to work there back in the hay days when we built wakeboard,waterski and snowboard molds for a lot of companies before the Chinese took over the market.
They do real accurate work and they are expert fabricators and welders.
Rod Brower is the contact. 425-239-1501
Rod@beavermachineworks.com
Www.beavermachineworks.com