interesting way of doing graphics

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mikic1

interesting way of doing graphics

Post by mikic1 »

I found this video...anybody can say what kind of material is used on the topsheet for the graphics...?

Thx
M
backyardskier

Post by backyardskier »

They used a vinyl plotter to mirror cut the vinyl then applied to the backside of the top sheet. So when they top sheet is flipped over the image is forward facing. It's a good idea to be honest.
mikic1

Post by mikic1 »

Thanks for the info. Its a simle and good looking idea. Does Vinyl stick well to epoxy any idea?
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I'd be worried about delam if it's really just vinyl. That adhesive isn't permanent, and epoxy doesn't adhere well to vinyl. I could see doing a mask and then painting?
backyardskier

Post by backyardskier »

Yeah I came back to say I don't think vinyl and epoxy bond all to well
mikic1

Post by mikic1 »

Could it be some perforated vinyl film, so that the epoxy can bond to the topsheet via some small holes? Just like there is perforated release film in vacuum bagging...
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

Print shops have screen inks that are on films that can be die cut like this, they make teeshirts this way too. My teeshirt print shop has this stuff

It's basically just like glorified iron on graphics, except the heat presses the screen ink onto the piece, it's apparently more durable than screening.
Doug