Ski Grinding in Salt Lake Area

All ski building related commercial posts go here. So if you want to advertise, sell something, etc., please do so here. Personal stuff should be placed in "Yard sale (non-commercial)".

Moderators: Head Monkey, skidesmond, chrismp

Toddh77

Ski Grinding in Salt Lake Area

Post by Toddh77 »

Hello Skibuilders,
I would like to first thank everyone for this awesome forum that has helped me to build skis.
I know how difficult it can be to get someone who will grind skis fresh out of the press, and I am setup and ready to go.
We have a Wintersteiger Micro 80 stone/belt grinder, and will be opening a ski tuning shop in September. I've ground about 40 pairs of hand built skis covered in epoxy, and it is a bit different than grinding new skis. My machine is setup during the summer in my old shop, and will be available.
Give me a call or shoot an email if you are interested.
Prices:
$25 flat grinding service for new skis out of the press.
$25 full tune for skis that have been previously ground flat
Todd
7even Skis
801-856-0291
7evenskis@gmail.com
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

This is a great service and a great deal to offer. It is crucial to find a shop with someone that actually builds skis if you don't have access to the equipment yourself. You can't always just hand over your skis to the average shop and expect them to want to spend the time to get them as perfect as possible.
Gratefulshred

Post by Gratefulshred »

Awesome! I will certainly be in contact by the end of the month with a few pair I hope! I have been so nervous about having to hand my skis over to your average ski tech.
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

Grand Opening on Saturday November 2nd from 5-9pm. We'd love to have you come out to see the new shop. We'll be giving away t-shirts to the first 30 people, and for everyone from skibuilders, the previous offer still stands: Prices:
$25 flat grinding service for new skis out of the press.
$25 full tune for skis that have been previously ground flat

Also please take a look at our new website and Facebook page. Tweaking a few things, but its operational.
7evenskis.com
facebook.com/7evenskis

Shop is located
7even Skis
2245 S. West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
801-856-0291
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

Shop is open, and we've been grinding some skis. If you're in Utah, stop by and check it out. Our hours starting this Saturday Nov. 9th are 2pm-8pm daily with off times available by appointment.

Knee Binding Dealer and Marker Authorized Service Center - Salomon contact has been made, but we're waiting to finalize the service contract.

Here's a few pics.