Great news, snocad related!!!!!

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

the.quass

Post by the.quass »

I am using Snow cad X 10.0.7.a and mine is still working.

Y
I could try exporting to a pdf or dxf file for you so you can look at it maybe.
Pm me if you want.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

is there any progress?
vinman

Post by vinman »

No, I've not heard from Dan in quite sometime now, unfortunately. Doesn't look good. I think if Kam has been in touch he'd have let me know.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

Vinman wrote:No, I've not heard from Dan in quite sometime now, unfortunately. Doesn't look good. I think if Kam has been in touch he'd have let me know.
it's too bad.
Maybe contact them again. If Dan and Kam okay with the idea to host snocad here why not get it done and over with. we all left hanging here
vinman

Post by vinman »

I have emailed him as much as I am willing t without being over the top. Ball is in his court. Kam is involved and has attempted to contact him as well it is not his issue at all.

If it were me, I'd start spending some time figuring out a real cad program. This is the whole reason I started the cad tutorial thread. Because there is a good chance snocad never comes back....

Stat with a free program like draft sight or sketch up, read the tutorial thread, and sit down and figure solemn stuff out. It is not really that difficult.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

Alright. I have snocad in a zip file ready to email out to people who want it.

step 1. extract zip file
step 2. disconnect from the web
step 3. open and use

YOU NEED TO SHUT YOUR WIRELESS OFF OR IT WILL NOT WORK!
ProbsMagobs

Post by ProbsMagobs »

You're a hero! Pm sent

(EDIT) no luck unfortunately... I'm getting the same errors as the copy I got from grafsnowboards.com a few months back. Using a real cad program is no real issue for me. I just didnt want to lose the shapes I had
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

ya, my bad.........shit don't work!
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

I have a working copy on my computer. widows xp operating. only works if disconnected from net.

there has got to be a way to copy the files and save everything in a folder?

I got a message from a user on here saying that the problem is the files have no name that easily associates them to the progam.

If anyone has any ideas I will try them. not being a tech guy, ill need an explanation I can understand! ;)
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

Vinman wrote: I'd start spending some time figuring out a real cad program.
Exactly what I was hoping to avoid

:(
hegan

Post by hegan »

MadRussian wrote:
Vinman wrote: I'd start spending some time figuring out a real cad program.
Exactly what I was hoping to avoid

:(
Try out adobe illustrator, I just made this one in like 15 minutes to give you guys an idea what you can do with the program.

tufty

Post by tufty »

Dtrain wrote:I have a working copy on my computer. widows xp operating. only works if disconnected from net.

there has got to be a way to copy the files and save everything in a folder?

I got a message from a user on here saying that the problem is the files have no name that easily associates them to the progam.

If anyone has any ideas I will try them. not being a tech guy, ill need an explanation I can understand! ;)
Derek.

The email I sent you should contain all the information you need to at least find the cache folder. If you're on XP, you shouldn't need to fsck about with the registry, it should be in C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\

If you can find it, zip up a *copy* and email it to me, I'll do the rest.

Simon
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

Simon....Ill get on this now. email ya my findings today.
tufty

Post by tufty »

OK, I now have a copy, thanks to Derek (Dtrain). It's working as a locally installed jnlp app (requires editing the URL in the jnlp file) and I'm looking to see if I can't package it up better than that.

However, if you wanted to install it to the server here, it would be easy to fix up an accompanying jnlp file to point to it, assuming we have agreement from Dan to do so.

Simon

[edit]

After checking, it appears that the entire java web start bit can be avoided when you have a working copy of the various bits and pieces. Which is to say, I have a fully working snocad. PMs may result in presents delivered by email.
Last edited by tufty on Mon May 13, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

well everybody.........I just zipped my java Cache folder and sent it to tufty(Simon). Looks like he has an offline copy working. says he will package it up and send it to me. Were in Buissness! wwwwooooooooooooohhooooooo!

Derek