CNC Update (finally)

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Would love to hear details and if it could be offered as a turn key addtion.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
odin

Post by odin »

Yeah that option is in the price list. Total $4590 for a 4x8 unit with electronics (control box, motors, home switches, etc) and a Mach 3 license. All you would need is a table to mount it to and a router.

Well besides a computer and CAD/CAM software(s) which can all be found quite reasonably.

PM me with you email or just email me at wedmfg@yahoo.com

MC
michall

Post by michall »

really nice project :)
odin

Post by odin »

Woo Hoo! As of yesterday all 3 machines being built in this first batch are claimed. And for the first time one of them will actually stay here in my shop with me :)

Thanks to all for the comments and questions. I will be posting more info and such as we get farther along.

MC
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

That's great! I might email you about your experience with different cad/cam software. I'm still trying to find something I like, that I can afford.
MBsnow

Post by MBsnow »

I paid $4900.00 for a CNC from Mike 2 years ago and have yet to take delivery or get a full refund. If you think I am kidding I will send you the pay pal receipt. He would not answer my phone calls and changed his email. So be careful guys.

Here is my Paypal invoice.

1 BearMac 30/80 Profiler w Vac Table 3,599.00 3,599.00
1 Rout 2.25hp Porter Cable Router 200.00 200.00
1 CAMBundl Vetrics' Cut 2D/3D software bundle 400.00 400.00
1 MACH Mach 3 Control software 85.00 85.00
1 Crate Packaging Fee 200.00 200.00
Subtotal: 4,484.00
Shipping: 425.00
Currency is in U.S. Dollars (USD) Total: $4,909.00 USD
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

MBsnow wrote:I paid $4900.00 for a CNC from Mike 2 years ago and have yet to take delivery or get a full refund. If you think I am kidding I will send you the pay pal receipt. He would not answer my phone calls and changed his email. So be careful guys.

Are you f ucking kidding me??
WTF?
MBsnow

Post by MBsnow »

No I am "DEAD" serious! I am surprised that I ran across this post. I paid through pay pal and he pushed back my delivery date of my machine for months, and by that time you cannot make a dispute or claim on Paypal. And after pushing back my delivery date I ended up buying a shop bot instead. I asked for a refund, got around 600.00 and nothing after that. He shut down the website www.wedmfg.com and would not answer phone calls.
amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

Wow, I am very sorry to hear that.

That's an awfully large chunk of change to loose.

Might be able to look up his domain registrar records. If he didn't protect them you can get his address, have an attorney draft a letter and have it sent through verified mail.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

ODIN will you please respond?
I was thinking about doing business with you and I do know people who have machines from you so what gives??
redbull

Post by redbull »

We bought one of his machines 2 years ago. We did receive ours, but months later than projected. I would only recommend for hobbyists; not very rigid. But some sacrifices need to made with such a price. Although I see he has a new revision of the machine. Last year we completely rebuilt the CNC, making use of the electronics and racks. Heavily inspired by the ShopBot machine
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_r ... ign-2.html

Overall, I am very happy we purchased the Bear for our first machine. Learned a ton! Learned even more designing our own. I talked him many times to work out any kinks. I suppose he is struggling like any new business, but I do wonder how he can offer this price with the amount of assembly he requires for his machines... I am still waiting for the starter bit set from him... but that's only $150. The whole machine. Dang!
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

MBsnow wrote:I paid $4900.00 for a CNC from Mike 2 years ago and have yet to take delivery or get a full refund. If you think I am kidding I will send you the pay pal receipt. He would not answer my phone calls and changed his email. So be careful guys.

This needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY.

WTF Mike?

Why has this not been resolved?
odin

Post by odin »

Yes. Through a number of stupid business mistakes, mismanagement, and unforeseen outside forces in the world’s economy; MBsnow’s initial claim is correct. I will not layout a sob story but just say that I am desperately trying to claw my way out of some of the worst series of events I have ever been through.

To be clear no email addresses have ever been changed or discontinued. My cell phone number is the same as it has been for 12 years and by the sheer grace of God we remain at the same address. The website was left go because I simply could not maintain the mere $20 per month charge for it without incoming orders.

There is no excuse for falling out of contact with you Ryan and I am sorry to have put you in the backseat so to speak about this. I had no other choice but to try and support my family and keep my house the best and only way available. My workshop was shut down for awhile so I could focus on any other work to survive. When there has been time to take on shop orders since they just haven’t been there.

This update posting was the first activity I have had in nearly two years and as the only way I can see to dig out of this hole is to move forward; I posted what I have in the works in hopes to gain further interest and consideration. Rightfully your duty is to advise others here and elsewhere of your personal experience and dealings.

Redbull makes some good points also, and I too have learned a great deal. Not the least of which is the true cost of a machine build and the case of cancelled orders. For starters I state plainly and clearly these things are custom built upon order. Once the materials are bought and the machinists and other vendors have been paid for their part a return of the purchase funds is impossible.

Anyone that has built a machine will hopefully back this statement up; at my asking price I don’t include much of what someone would consider as profit. Cancelled orders for any reason at anytime in the process of the order can be and have been devastating when the above hasn’t been stated and agreed to in contract form.

So yes, anyone that may consider giving this machine a look see be advised there are customers I need to get right with yet. Also be aware that I have not gone anywhere nor shifted anything around in any attempt to defraud. I did have to regroup but I am honestly trying to rebuild rather than disappear and in the process attempt to satisfy those accounts still outstanding.

I have always strived to make each machine better and have poured everything time and again into the designs to allow them to be cost effective to make and own. In the recent down time I have been able to refine the v4 model design into the final flagship form.

The result is a robust and modular machine frame that is cheap to fabricate and assemble on a scale of shop like mine. And I have recently met a new machinist friend that can affordably mill and machine the parts for the built or at least let me have access to a machine shop to do it myself. He has been able to machine the improved drive components for the new design however.

Mike Campbel
wedmfg@embarqmail.com
wedmfg@yahoo.com

Facebook;
*Odin longboards
*Bear CNC

MBsnow

Post by MBsnow »

I understand we all have financial problems Mike, but I would appreciate if you can give me a call so we can square everything up. If you cant refund the money then at least send me a machine, or work out some kind of plan. I believe we spoke about making core blanks before, at this point I don't really care I would just like a resolution. Ryan
bobbyrobie

Post by bobbyrobie »

I have one of Mikes original machines never had any issues with him or the machine. Yeah it may have taken a little awhile longer than projected but the machine also cost a lot less too. It has held up to a pretty good beating over the years.