SKIS STOLEN IN TAHOE

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

TahoePowder

SKIS STOLEN IN TAHOE

Post by TahoePowder »

Thought I'd throw out a long shot of ever getting my skis back. I'd appreciate if anyone knows/hears of/sees a pair of 190 Moment Bibby Pro's with Marker Duke Bindings in or around Tahoe, to let me know. I'll pay $300 bucks cash reward and if someone else finds the thief besides me, the thief will save 2 black eyes! Now that's a deal!

They were stolen today at Mt. Rose. First day on them, I've been skiing old rock skis for the first few days. We did the old 3 people mix and match so each person had 1 of their skis and 1 of someone else's. The racks were swamped, and I've been skiing there for 22 years and only heard of a few pairs being stolen, so good plan right? Wrong. They stole the 'group' with 1 of my skis, 1 of my wife's Bellas, and 1 of each of our poles, and then grabbed my 1 other ski from my dads/my ski 'group'. As of now, they ditched the 1 ski somewhere and it got turned into lost and found.

My skis have a normal square tip (retail Bibby's have a more rounded tip) like other Moment's. See picture below.

Well I guess the one positive thing is I have no money for more skis or bindings (so back to the old ones), but I do have some materials and an unfinished ski press to work on and build skis. Probably won't happen this year because the snow will probably be gone by end of March and we'll be back to biking and fishing for a while. We'll see if I can pull it off.

Please PM if by some long shot chance you see them.

Thanks,
Danny
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Sorry to hear. I'll keep an eye out and get ready for a beat down.
TahoePowder

Post by TahoePowder »

Thanks, I appreciate it! Every time I go to Squaw I look for some Soul skis! Haven't seen any yet though, although I've only been up twice there so far.
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

My son is visiting so there were three pair on the mountain today!

We are making the rounds this week. Alpine tomorrow, Rose Wednesday, Kirkwood Thursday, Northstar Friday, Sugar Bowl Saturday. By the way, what color are your Dukes?
TahoePowder

Post by TahoePowder »

Wow quite a week! I'll be at Sugar Bowl Saturday but only because I'll be heading back from the Benson backcountry hut, but I'll take a peek around! My Duke's were white, and size large. Not sure the differences between large/small though. Thanks again for keeping an eye out!