for those knuckledraggers out there.......

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

strangesnowboarding

for those knuckledraggers out there.......

Post by strangesnowboarding »

so we were lucky enough to be invited to the grand opening of the "snowboard" section of the vail ski museum. pretty radical event to witness. sadly i feel i am too young to appreciate the speed at which this sport has developed. i saw letters from every resort in colorado disallowing snowboarding (in 1985). i had a chance to meet some super important early snowboard manufacturers, as well as current minimoguls. (chris pappas, tom sims, NeverBummer crew, all the guys with aggression boards from the early 90's). they had original snurfers as well as prototypes that would blow some minds here on the forum (early sims, etc), all over 20 years old.
it was a rewarding experience, and one i will never forget. if anyone is in vail i would suggest a visit and a donation.
as a builder, this showed so much promise, encouragement. i hope that some of the pics and the words in the article will do the same for the rest of the builders here on the forum.

http://business.transworld.net/79980/fe ... -movement/

and just so everyone knows, snowboarders know how to have more fun. that ski museum had never seen such a good time.
Sherpa Burns

Post by Sherpa Burns »

Awesome. That's a museum I would actually go to.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Wow. You dog! :D
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Figured I'd post this here since it involves a "knuckledragger". Hope you don't mind. I think you'll like it.

OAC

Post by OAC »

Waxing is essential! :)
strangesnowboarding

Post by strangesnowboarding »

my problems with that vid.

no cool tricks over the jumps,
my nephew was better than that snowboarder,........ and biker.

they both needed to be outfitted in those snow bike suits and helmets from back in the day.

and a flat ground finish???? how would anyone without pedals win?

some amazing competitions out there, thanks for the find desmond.