Tail rocker more important than tip rocker for powder?

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

tufty

Post by tufty »

doughboyshredder wrote:I kind of call bullshit honestly.
I dunno. I've seen people in deep pow on those teeny tiny snowblade things that are barely longer than a boot. A 135 board should have more float than that, as long as you can maintain speed.

[size=0]It looked a lot like walking, though. On a board, it's likely to look more like standing.[/size]
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Ok I just got a Flickr Photo stream going. Cant figure how to send link.
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

A pic. Working?
nearls

Post by nearls »

Maybe he's doing something like this. Basically a mini fish.

http://nativboardriding.com/snowsurf.htm
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

More.
nearls

Post by nearls »

What's the waist? Looks like a stout little bugger. Looks like something along the lines of the burton nug. Respect for doing it in split form. Could be a deck that would be fun for binding free snow shredding.
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

nearls wrote:Maybe he's doing something like this. Basically a mini fish.

Thanks for posting that. I didn't know i was making a mini fish. I just called it a chub because people were making big boards called fishes.
http://nativboardriding.com/snowsurf.htm
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

nearls wrote:What's the waist? Looks like a stout little bugger. Looks like something along the lines of the burton nug. Respect for doing it in split form.

Could be a deck that would be fun for binding free snow shredding.
Nose 335 mm
Waist 305 mm
tail 315 mm
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Doooh! Just figured why the confusion. 135 cm not 135mm length. Holy crap that was dumb.
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

I knew you meant 135 cm.

My jaw just dropped.

That's a beautiful looking board, but I think my cock is bigger than that thing. WTH?

The proof is in the video obviously.

Hard for me to wrap my head around. My short board is a 166. My daily driver is a 170 or a 175 depending on how much pow there is. My tapered pow board is a 172.

Granted I weigh about 230 during snow season, but still. A 135? For pow?

I guess the width and the rocker makes up for a lot of that float. Is 135 the measurement before or after pressing? I.E. is that the material length?

sorry for calling bullshit, btw.

That's shorter than the shortest woman's Nug, btw.

Thanks for posting pics. Would love to see some close ups of the board.
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

Of course you'd have no stability at straight line speeds, but I still bet it's fun hot dogging through low angle trees and what not.

Vewy vewy intewesting.
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

The board is way outside the box so no worries on the bs. About the closeups. The board and mold was built on a rainy sunday finished on a monday tuesday as a test. So it's not eye candy. I'll get shots of the 155mm er cm board soon.
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

[quote="doughboyshredder"]Of course you'd have no stability at straight line speeds, but I still bet it's fun hot dogging through low angle trees and what not.

I hike for my turns so I make lots of them. Anyway the point of the thread was about tail rocker. I like lots of it. The board holds more speed through turns because it's shaped like a turn. less drag.
cuddy

Tail Rocker

Post by cuddy »

You go out and build that board withhuge tail rocker. It is because of ideas like yours that we now have rockered super fats and skis like Scotty Bobs. I love it. Some people onle like what they read after it has been proven......by the way I am 180 and rocked a 145cm board in high school like it was nobody's business. This game is all about having fun, so go rip it, and good for you and keep up the good work.
OAC

Post by OAC »

doughboyshredder wrote:
.... but I think my cock is bigger than that thing. WTH?
We have always wondered...