materials in Innsbruck++

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Alex

Post by Alex »

I got answer from Isosport:

They can offer us a 100m roll of 2mm*300mm extruded base material in black or blue. It will cost 350,- EUR. The Factory is in Eisenstadt.

For me alone this is way to much - i would take about 20m.

Additionally we will need 2mm edges - don't know if Deutsch offers some!?

What do you think?
rasi

Post by rasi »

I'd be happy to take your "leftovers"...anything between 10 and 30 mtrs. is fine ;)
endre

Post by endre »

Deutsch have it, but I'm not shure if they have it in stock right now (they didn't have stainless now). Anyway, I will take about 50 m (black). I think I will be down there in end of january (Ispo)
I'll ask the deutsch guys.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Great guys, I can take like 10 - 20 m, black... :) Rasi, if endre and Alex would take 70 m, we can split the rest... ?
Alex

Post by Alex »

OK great - than we've got enough people together to share the material. If endre has success with the 2mm edges we can go for it.

Does somebody has the chance to pick up the material at the factory - this will save the shipping costs....
endre

Post by endre »

They have 2,5mm. edge in stock (for 2mm. base), just to go and get it. They want an extra 85,-EUR charge for less than 2 coils orders though. one coil is 1200m. / 65 kg. They want 6,40EUR/kg. I need both 2mm. and 2,5mm. edges, so I would need 2 coils anyway.
endre

Post by endre »

I also need some topsheet, duratop or something. Couldn't we ad some of that to the base order?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Endre - i'll give you the contact i have from Isosport (PM). I think it's easier when you ask for the topsheets yourself. Of course you may refer to my request and the offer they made.

Great that you managed to get some 2,5mm edges!
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

hmmm....i can have some topsheets as well... :) like 10 - 20 m of 300 mm? I don't care about the colour...that much :) and thanks for the 2,5 mm edges endre, good job...can I add my humble amount of 40 m..? ;)
endre

Post by endre »

Shure charlie. I will buy enough. top, not cap for you right?
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Yep, topsheet.... :D
möp

Post by möp »

Hals told me about this thread, because i was looking for cheap topsheets :D

i had already some meters of ICP 4140 / 4160 from isosport and i think its great, but they are only selling 200m rolls
the cost will be about 7€/m

so now i'm interested in about 15m of ICP 4140

it would be great if there are enough people for a 200m roll

ps: i'm living in munich,too so if its on your way...
Last edited by möp on Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
endre

Post by endre »

Hi möp. I'm Hals (split persolality) I just wrote back at Graf that i would like to have about 60 m of it. Maby we should do the whole discussion back there so we don't have to write everything twice.
team08

Post by team08 »

Have any of you found good deals on stainless, seamless (rolls) edges? The one place I can find is http://metalldeutsch.com. However, they want me to have a Euro tax ID, charge for a small order (300kg is small!!!) and it is going to be a pain to deal with. Thanks!
endre

Post by endre »

I tryed asking for that a month ago, the next time they make stainless is late summer 2006. Let's buy some then.

the tax number they ask for is just a normal organization number (or whateverit's called)
Last edited by endre on Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.