Adjustable molds and psi ?'s

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

SRP

Adjustable molds and psi ?'s

Post by SRP »

I am just getting finished making my adjustable mold (adjustable length approx. 170 to 195) and was just curious what the highest pressure people have been using there adjustable molds at. The mold is MDF, basically the same as other adjustable molds on ski builders, glued with threaded rod through each section (two threaded rods through tip section, one through tail and three through camber section). I have been hopeing to have the option of pressing at 75 - 100 psi and am feeling like the mold will be the weak link in doing so. It will also be a heated press top and bottom if that makes a difference, pressing temps will be between 175 and 200 degrees depending on which hardner I am using. Just wondering about other peoples experiences with this. I seem to have misplaced my camera, but I will try to get pics up soon. Any thoughts and opions are welcome. Thanks for any help!!