inserts

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

littleKam
Site Admin

inserts

Post by littleKam »

hey everyone, i just received my order of inserts and was wondering if any of you would be interested in purchasing my leftovers. they feature the following:
- 9mm in height
- 1/4-20 threads
- magnetized caps for easy locating
- $0.30 a piece

please send an e-mail if you're interested. thanks.
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)
rasi

Post by rasi »

Would you ship to good old Europe, too?

Thanks,
Ralf
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

sure no problem. but keep in mind that the inserts have 1/4-20 threads.
rasi

Post by rasi »

Thanks. Unfortunately Snowboardmaterials sells only 7.5mm inserts so I was happy to find your offer. I think the thread size shouldn't be a problem, but anway: have you got some screws with heads large enough for the G3 left over, too?
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

I have 1/4-20 screws but the heads are actually too large for the G3 riser holes. You'll have to grind them down a little bit or drill out your riser. If you can't find 1/4-20 screws over there I'd be glad to stop by my local lumber store and see if they have any screws that will fit. Most of them are phillips style heads. However, they do have some hex heads but they're over $1.00 (US) a piece. Just let me know what length you're looking for and I'll dig around.

Post by Guest »

Well, I'm not sure whether I can get proper screws here. I don't know if the different metric system results in completely different diameters for the screws. If you say M6 won't fit the inserts I'd be happy to get fitting screws from you. Hex rocks ;-). How many inserts could/would you sell?
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

yeah M6 will not fit the 1/4-20 thread correctly. i just came back from the local store and they have do have hex screws that will fit the G3 riser. but the problem is that they're made from regular steel and not stainless steel. so they will rust. these are about $1.80 for a set of four.

they also have the flat and oval screws but those come with a phillips drive and will require modification to the screw heads (too big for the riser) or to your riser. these are about $1.00 for a set of four.

another option is to find them online some where.

i have about 300 inserts left so there's plenty available.
rasi

Post by rasi »

Ok, if the hex available are not stainless I'll try to find fitting screws here. I'd take 50 for a first. I'm wondering whether you'd want to sell me some other leftovers? I'm especially looking for UHMWPE or ABS sidewalls/tipspacer which I don't seem to find here.
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

50 sounds great. inserts are pretty much all i have available for sell. i just used up my last ABS/P-Tex sidewalls and tipspacer material for my last pair and will probably stop using them in the future. i think it may be possible to use extra base material for your tipspacers as well.

i do know that Kelvin has edges for sale, however.

if you still would like the inserts send me a PM or e-mail. we can set something up.
rasi

Post by rasi »

Thanks a lot! You've got mail! :D
Biggie

Post by Biggie »

Would these inserts work with look bindings?
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

i'm currently out of the inserts but i haven't had much luck finding 1/4-20 screws with the right heads that fit my looks. maybe with some modification of the toe piece there may be a chance that you could get a screw to fit nicely.