Hypothetical: paulownia lumber

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

vinman

Hypothetical: paulownia lumber

Post by vinman »

Hypothetically if I were to buy a bunch of paulownia lumber from wholesaler.....would there be any interest in folks wanting to buy some of it? I have no idea on price at the moment. I'm still waiting to hear from the supplier. Also not really sure how this would work with shipping and such
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
MontuckyMadman

Re: Hypothetical: paulownia lumber

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Im in for some.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
24Dave

Post by 24Dave »

Seems like there might be a retail market. Since Paulownia barn closed, what 10, 15 years ago, it's been a struggle to find a steady but small supply that is good quality. I think the market price went through the floor with factories that use it buying it by the container load from China. There is a wood surfboard kit builder who sells it really high, no idea on the volume there. You might want to buy in a useful surfboard and snowboard/ski length. I've toyed with this idea, but such a hassle since I live inland and far from a west coast port.
Thelongride

Post by Thelongride »

Did you ever end up looking into this fully? Would definitely be interested in some if the logistics seemed reasonable on your end.
vinman

Post by vinman »

I found a reasonable retail supplier in Georgia, USA

https://worldpaulownia.com
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com