Wanted: sidewall material and colored base

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mattman

Wanted: sidewall material and colored base

Post by mattman »

anybody have any scraps of white or preferrably colored base material, 1.25mm/.049" thick? I have plenty of the black, but we want to do some die cuts and need a colored or white same thickness material for the positive cuts.

also, anyone have any extra sidewall material? how does it come? is any of it adhesion ready, or does it have to be abraded/flame treated? right now we are doing cap skis, but want to make a sidewall ski for comparison. does the core have to be cut out with a flush bit, then add the sidewall material?
mattman

Post by mattman »

anyone have any of this 1.25mm base material? any color...or even white...i need something other than the black i have for the die cuts...any small section will do
Chicagoskier11

Post by Chicagoskier11 »

I should have a lot of clear and a little bit of red coming from durasurf soon... but i has been about a month and they only had to ship it one state over so... who knows when it will actually get here. about how much would you need? The red is about the exact length for 4 pair but you say you only need scraps? I also have some light green scraps currently, about 2 inches wide maybe... by say 3 feet probably.
mattman

Post by mattman »

thanks for replying!!! our min width is 3.5", and 3 feet long is good. any chance the green is 3.5" wide? we need 10 sections of 3.5x3.5", so it doesnt even need to be a solid 3 feet long, just 3 feet collectively. are the clear, red, and green all 1.2mm thick? i imagine the clear is for topsheets, so it is probably thinner. if it is thick enough, that or the green would work awesome. let me know, i'll have my fingers crossed!!
Chicagoskier11

Post by Chicagoskier11 »

it is actually clear base material. Yes they are all 1.2mm however the clear is 1.22mm. Durasurf just listed them as having a .001inch difference between clear and colored if i remember correctly. You could probably make this work since it is such a small difference but i will leave that up to you to decide. Again... i don't have any of the red or clear yet... and if it doesn't come by thanksgiving i wont have access to it until Dec. 19th since i am away at school. I will check the width of the green when i go home on Tuesday for Thanksgiving break but i doubt it is 3.5" wide.

If anyone else out there has scraps (and it seems that everyone should) you might be a better help to mattman than I.
Chicagoskier11

Post by Chicagoskier11 »

sorry mattman the leftover i have is very thin and i called durasurf on wednesday and they lost my order so i had to reorder today.a
splat

Post by splat »

I have red and blue.