Selling it all

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

doughboyshredder

Selling it all

Post by doughboyshredder »

So, I need to come up with a definitive list, but I wanted to throw some feelers out so you all can start thinking about what you may want to purchase.

I would prefer to sell everything together as one lot, but could be convinced to do otherwise.

1. Heavy Duty steel press. Fully adjustable camber plate, top lifts fully using hydraulic rams. Triple bladder design, no deformation at 80 psi. Top and bottom heat blankets. Wide enough for a 36cm board, long enough for a 200cm board. Full heat controls for top and bottom. Mostly disassembled at this point. For pick up in North Bend, WA only. No shipping.

2. Snowboard grinder with multiple belts. No autofeed. Includes water pump.
For pick up in North Bend, WA only. No shipping.

3. Tons of extra fire hose. Originally purchased from the K2 plant. This is good stuff.

4. Enough cores, fiberglass, topsheets, sidewalls, tip spacers, inserts, carbon fiber, kevlar, and epoxy to build at least 10 boards.

5. 1 board fully ready to build. Everything is cut and ready to go. Would really like this built for me. Could potentially work this into some sort of a trade deal. Wouldn't want this to be your first board you build, but maybe after you iron everything out?

6. Bunch of aluminum skins. Different lengths and thicknesses for bottom and top sheets.

7. Lots of different tip and tail blocks for different shaped tips and tails.

Not really looking to make a bunch of money off of this, more looking to support someones dreams.

If there is somebody in the area that wants to make this happen I would be stoked.

With all of the equipment and supplies I should probably be asking for at least a few thousand, (The grinder is worth 1K alone), but if someone would come take all of it off of my hands and agree to build that board for me at some point I could be easily persuaded to make a really good deal.

Any desire?

If anyone is seriously interested i can take some pictures and post them up.
vinman

Post by vinman »

DBS wtf?
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Is it a gindrite?
Ill take all your black base in a 1.3mm if you wanna piece it out and some composite prolly.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

this doesn't sound good at all. I hope all is well.
doughboyshredder

Yes, it is a grindrite SB.......

Actually, everything is beyond good. Thanks for the concern.

I just don't have time for such a time intensive hobby.

Married an amazing women and we are doing a ton of traveling. Hawaii, Belize, China, Denver, Atlanta, and Jamaica in 2013. 2014 is starting off with Panama and then Vegas then Hawaii again, then a roadtrip around the US.

We also started another business and just don't have time.

At this point I would rather pay somebody to build me a board than do it myself. It was a fun experience, and I would love to help somebody else along the journey.

Montucky, I really don't have the time to piece it out. Somebody could probably do pretty good for themselves by coming over and getting all of it and then piecing it out themselves though...........
sammer

Post by sammer »

phht... Whipped... I knew it ;-)

hope it all goes well.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
vinman

Post by vinman »

good luck DBS sounds like a great adventure.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Beautiful man!
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Sound like you hit the jackpot! Good luck!
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

If I had more space I would probably try to work out a deal, but unfortunately my shop is absolutely maxed out. There are always folks in the area wanting to get into the hobby, and this would be the best starting point for someone.

Have you made it up much this year? I've only gone to Crystal once... still haven't made it up to Snoqualmie. I was out of town for work for a while, and I'm leaving again tomorrow for another week. Hoping to hit the skiing hard after this trip.
doughboyshredder

Twizz,

You've been up more than I.

You know I really only enjoy riding pow......so......

Putting all of my focus on work for awhile. Hoping for some big trips next year. Turning 40 in a few weeks and I feel like it's time to start focusing on quality over quantity. That being said, I will probably try and get some time in this spring. We'll see.....

How has your work project been going? Looks like you had some good times doing testing in Hawaii.

I think I have mentioned you to my wife every time we see a dreamliner. Beautiful planes. I can't wait to fly in one.

desmond,

I really did hit the jackpot.

Life just keeps getting better. Mindfulness has been a blessing.
Jon Quarrie

Post by Jon Quarrie »

Hi DBS,

I'm really interested in taking all the equipment, I'm not exactly in the area but not too far away (about six hours drive). I sent you a pm on here, please get in touch if you're interested
Damon

Post by Damon »

DBS - I might be your guy. Send me a PM with what you'd like for all the gear. Can't guarantee the board for a while at my pace though!

Remind me too - was your press the one with adjustable bolts for differing cambers?

Damon
Jon Quarrie

Post by Jon Quarrie »

Hi DBS,

I sent you a couple of PM's not sure if you got them so I posted again on here. Can you get in touch I'm really interested

Thanks
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

DBS good luck to you! hit me up if you ever make it to the NJ area
Doug