Anyone want to go in on some top sheet?

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

cuddy

Anyone want to go in on some top sheet?

Post by cuddy »

Trying to get into sublimating my graphics and I need to get PBT top sheet instead of the UHMW from Crown I have been using. The problem is there is a minimum order from Isosport that I can't swing by myself. Please let me know if you want to go in on a minimum order and we can figure out specifics.
strangesnowboarding

Post by strangesnowboarding »

how much of the minimum would you want to split? from what i remember we need almost 2000m (6k) for the min order. also in co and have been looking to get topsheet but not drop 6k on one material. there are a few other parties interested but i would need half to be paid for before i can throw down on an order of that magnitude.
cuddy

Top Sheet

Post by cuddy »

There have already been a couple folks interested so I am hoping we can get a group together to get an order going. Also it may be a min. of 2500m but not so sure. I wish there was a US based supplier.
I will keep you all updated and if there is enough interest we can pull the trigger.
strangesnowboarding

yeah, 6 weeks or more for turnaround too, i would like to have it for building this summer. maybe we can start this thru e-mail?
list out quantity (or how much cash you have to throw down) and desired thickness (i think we were working with the .5mm if i am not mistaken).
our quote was almost $6,000 for the min quantity of 13in (33cm) of the .5mm felt backed PBT. our company is willing to order the material as long as we can get rid of half upon delivery of the bulk order. lemme know who else is looking to purchase this material in the next month or two.

tom@strangesnowboarding.com
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

I would be interested as well, thickness doesn't matter, id prefer a white backing but am open to other colors as well

my email is jacob@injured-riders.com

-Jacob
strangesnowboarding

jvan,
unless i am mistaken the only color pbt comes in is white, so you are good there. what kind of a quantity would you be interested in? maybe it would be best to subdivide the order into sections so we can realize the goal.
less than 100? less than 500? less than 1000? less than 2000? rough estimate of 4-5$ per m, i would say minimum order (from the large minimum order) would be at least 20m ($100). (these numbers do not reflect freight from austria)
again, if we can get it together i would love to figure out how to get our hands on this product. if we can get a few (3-5) people who would want somewhere around 100m i will put in the order. if someone wants half i will order after the holiday!