Leftover ON3P materials: Uni and Triax Fiberglass

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Rowen

Leftover ON3P materials: Uni and Triax Fiberglass

Post by Rowen »

Cleaned out a back room to make space for some skis, ran across a ton of fiberglass that we dont need.

UNI GLASS: Its a 9oz Unidirectional glass from Vectorply. For your buying pleasure, we have 6 inch, 162 meter rolls (and one tiny half roll). Price: $25 each, plus shipping. First one to buy gets the little guy for free.

We also have a tub of cut and rolled uni glass, I believe its mostly cut to 193cm, probably some in there that are shorter or longer, but I'm not spending any more time rolling glass than I have to. $25 plus shipping takes the entire heavy as heck box, or we can go $1 a pound for the stuff.

TRIAXAL GLASS: Its a 22oz Triaxial glass from Vectorply as well. Its all cut up and rolled, various lengths. Its all in various sizes, anywhere from 178-198cm long. For the sorted stuff, we'll go $1 a pound, for the random unsorted stuff, $0.75. About 2 average sized rolls makes a pound, fyi. This stuff was cut into 6" rolls by Composite One, and they really, really did a terrible job. Its messy glass, takes a little extra time in layup to deal with all the extra strands (aka, "whispies") that come off when you're spreading epoxy, we're through using this stuff for production when time matters.

Protip - you can make the glass a lot better if you trim the ends of the rolls with scissors. Easy, yes, time consuming to the point I dont want to do it during production, yes.

PM or email me (Rowen at ON3Pskis dot com) to arrange something, prices are negotiable, especially if its a local pickup and beer is involved.
threeninethree

Post by threeninethree »

pm'd
~ Matt