Hose-man lives up to his name! Firehose on the Cheap!

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

hose-man

Hose-man lives up to his name! Firehose on the Cheap!

Post by hose-man »

Our Department just got done with our annual hose testing. Several lengths of LDH were condemned. We identified the sections of the hose which appeared to have no leaks & salvaged them.

The hose is available for $1/ft plus you have to pay shipping from 83651.

It is reinforced rubber hose with a 5" diameter. It measure 8" when laid flat.

Please let me know (soon) if you'd like any & I'd be happy to distribute it. A small donation to hose-man's ski fund is not necessary but would be greatly appreciated.

PM me with your requests. Thanks.

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Wow! That IS a good deal.... What a pity that I live oversea.... :(
Class5

Post by Class5 »

Hey hose-man, I just bought some hose that was condemned by my local fire dept. I was just wondering what type of testing you guys do to determine whether or not you should condemn a hose? Should I have any worries?
James
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

This large supply hose is used in 100' and 25' lengths at our dept. Hose is tested anually. The most common failure points on this type of hose is either at the coupling, or pin holes along it's length. The hoses are easily re-coupled so that doesn't condemn the hose, but the soaker hose effect of the pin holes is not repairable. The pieces I have are the good sections of hose between the soaker hose areas.

I'm affraid that the only way to tell if your hose has these pin holes is to clamp the ends & pressurize the section.
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

The hose weighs in at about 1.1 lbs per foot. So a 9 foot section would weigh about 10 lbs, plus about a pound of packing materials means shipping should be calculated for a package approx 12"x12"x12" weighing about 11 pounds, originating from zip 83651.
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

I went ahead and purchased a couple of 30' sections so that I would have some on hand for anyone who might need some in the future.

I'm sure the need will arise.
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

Only 1 small piece left. 6' long. free + shipping if it will work for you.
splat

Post by splat »

Hose-man - you still got my number??? I'll take it!

(sure could use 7 feet, tho...)
sivart7208

Post by sivart7208 »

none left?
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

I'm out for now. I'll probably have a shot at sme more sometime next summer.
adam

Post by adam »

hey, do you still have a line on some hose? I'm ready to order if you do. thanks, Adam
hose-man

Post by hose-man »

hose-man wrote:I'm out for now. I'll probably have a shot at sme more sometime next summer.
we'll be hose testing again in the spring. Untill then I don't have any.
rockaukum

fire hose info?

Post by rockaukum »

When we test our LDH we fill with water and run the pressure up to 200psi for five minutes. Carefully walk the line to check for leaks and blisters ect... If the damage is near the end of the hose we re-couple the hose. If not we make a 50' section and discard the rest. Anyone in my area interested in some? I may be able to get some. I would like to learn the process of ski building by watching your process. Sound like a good trade? let me know. I'm in the placerville / Jackson area.
zachjowi

Re: fire hose info?

Post by zachjowi »

rockaukum wrote:When we test our LDH we fill with water and run the pressure up to 200psi for five minutes. Carefully walk the line to check for leaks and blisters ect... If the damage is near the end of the hose we re-couple the hose. If not we make a 50' section and discard the rest. Anyone in my area interested in some? I may be able to get some. I would like to learn the process of ski building by watching your process. Sound like a good trade? let me know. I'm in the placerville / Jackson area.
I don't think I am in your area but would you be interested in selling some to me or trading for pictures, sketeches, etc, or both?

I am open to any suggestions or thoughts.

thanks
rburgon

Post by rburgon »

Hello, rockaukum

I also want to purchase 14 feet of 5" diameter 200psi fire hose. I am in Northern Utah. I will send you pictures/drawings and communicate ideas with you if you like.

thank you,

rburgon