Hose-man lives up to his name! Firehose on the Cheap!

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

I go back to work on Monday -
Tuesday this week. I'll check to see if any is available. At that time I'll respond to you.
rockaukum
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

I cam down with the flu and missed work. I will check on the hose when i return....
matthew

Post by matthew »

im also looking for some so if you can get your hands on alot let me know thanks
sam

Post by sam »

Rockaukum, could I buy some off you? I live close to San Francisco, but I would pay for the hose plus shipping and handling.
rockaukum

hose to come...

Post by rockaukum »

I made it back to work the other day! I spoke with my hose guy and he said he HAS some hose 8) . I was unable to make it to the main station that day but will make it next week (barring any unforseen schedule changes). I should have enough for a few people to get some. I'm still interested in somone close to "learn the tricks".....
I have procured most of the power tools and am ready to build a press, however I think I'm going to go the vacumme route.... :?
I'll post early next week on the hose availability. How do you guys handle the shipping costs ect? (I just don't want to get taken)
RA
rockaukum

I have the hose!

Post by rockaukum »

I was able to pick up some 5" hose the other day. I cut a piece and made a clamp for both ends. I put a schrader valve ($3) in the hose and filled it up to about 60psi. no leaks detected but I will probably dissassemble it and seal with a small amount of sealant.
If you are interested in some I can send it out USPS only. USPS says the hose has to be in a box (about $4). I do not want to ship outside the USA (sorry). If interested please PM me with information. I'll honor the guys that requested already on the site first. If my memory serves me correctly, from my zip (95656) to SF is about $20 or so. When you contact me let me know how you will pay for shipping as I do not have any accounts set up for that...
One last thing, I'm still looking for someone in the area to learn the tricks of the trade from.....
Rockaukum
sam

Re: I have the hose!

Post by sam »

rockaukum wrote:I was able to pick up some 5" hose the other day. I cut a piece and made a clamp for both ends. I put a schrader valve ($3) in the hose and filled it up to about 60psi. no leaks detected but I will probably dissassemble it and seal with a small amount of sealant.
If you are interested in some I can send it out USPS only. USPS says the hose has to be in a box (about $4). I do not want to ship outside the USA (sorry). If interested please PM me with information. I'll honor the guys that requested already on the site first. If my memory serves me correctly, from my zip (95656) to SF is about $20 or so. When you contact me let me know how you will pay for shipping as I do not have any accounts set up for that...
One last thing, I'm still looking for someone in the area to learn the tricks of the trade from.....
Rockaukum
Would it work if I mailed you the money for the hose in an envelope and you send me the hose once you get the money? This would be simple.
rockaukum

okay

Post by rockaukum »

Sam, check your PM for information on the hose. NO problem. I have plenty.
rockaukum
Imandb

hose

Post by Imandb »

do you still have any hose left (i think i need about 7 ft.)?
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I'm looking for around 60" of 5"diameter hose, pm me with any info.

Thanks

-Jordan
skixtreem7

Ho's or hose

Post by skixtreem7 »

Hose-man, do you have any more hose? Thanks.
Motherhucker

Post by Motherhucker »

Does anyone have some extra hose?

just looking to get my press started.