materials in Europe

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

materials in Europe

Post by Guest »

Hi everybody
thanks a lot for a good site

Does anyone know of any edge and base suppliers in Europe?
I'd like to buy some for my ski-experiments

Thanks

Ravil
davide

Post by davide »

I have some base and edges, I can probably sell you material for a pair or two.
I got them from Nidecker, a snowboard manufacturer in Rolle, Switzerland.
I think meduim/small manufacturers can sell you some materials.
dEFcHILL

Post by dEFcHILL »

this is the 'main' company in europe. there are sitting in germany + austria, i think...but they are just selling in bigger amounts..where are ya from? maybe we could do a collector-order together, to get better prices..

www.isosport.com
davide

Post by davide »

I am in Geneva.
So, www.ims-plastics.com sells bases, prepregs, topsheets; then www.metalldeutsch.com and www.waelzholz-huber.at sell the edges; if I remember well, they can sell also small quantity (50m edges), but they told me that the shipping costs a lot. If you do not live too far, the best is to go there.
Just to give some numbers, I pay the edges about 2 CHF/m and the base about 14 CHF/m (PTEX4000 graphite, 32cm wide).

Now I have edges, PTEX4000, PTEX2000 green and tranparent, enough to build 5/6 pairs. I can find more at 20Km from my place.

Post by Guest »

Thanks a lot, guys!
Sure i already contacted with Waelzholz-huber and Isosport but they told me they can sell a big amount only (e.g. 1 coil edge - 1200 m).
I live in Moscow (Russia) but i can pick up any things in Europe with my friends from Netherland, Hamburg or Helsinki. Also i will check about direct shipment to Moscow (DHL etc.) and will tell you.

Thanks again for your support
sorry for my English :)
Ravil
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

i know you guys are looking for suppliers specifically in europe but you may also want to try Durasurf here in the U.S. they don't require any minimum amount to order and the customer service is really good. i'm sure they do a lot international deals as well. just a last resort if you're having problems getting small orders from european suppliers.
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)
dEFcHILL

Post by dEFcHILL »

hey moscow-liver,

we tried a lot, iz almost impossible to get small amounts of material in europe. we will get our stuff from a samll skicompany. i think it could be good for u to contact some companies in czech republic..at least the transport costs are lower then for example from germany..

have u alreday skied in kaukassus (big mtns russia-georgia??)
bondar

Post by bondar »

hey buddy! sorry, i don't know your name
thanks for support. it's a good idea - i have my old friend in Prague.
yeah express-shipments (i mean ups, dhl etc.) are very expensive.
on the other hand, i can pickup any small boxes from Hamburg or Helsinki with big trucks into moscow. easy. because if you can sell me in Germany a base and edges for 1-2 ski pairs – it’s very cool.

sure i skied in Caucasus. but my favorites ski regions are Hibines (Kola Peninsula), Sayanes (east Siberia) and Ural - great places for freeride and backcountry

Ravil (aka Bondar)
dEFcHILL

Post by dEFcHILL »

hello,

i'm not sure of i can sell u some materials, because we are also at the begin of co-working with another skicompany. so, we are still working on the construction-design..and we still have to build our own mold for a mechanical press. i think that's our biggest problem right now..but maybe later i can help out, but 1st we have to figure out, who everything will work with this skicompany?!

thaz kool, that u skied in caucasus. normaly it was our plan with a canadian friend to make a roadtrip there this year..hmm--never worked out :(
and what, u can ski in sibiria?? with some deers to pull you :D i thought iz just flaaat?
where do they have the best powder? and how do u ski there, i mean how do u come up the mtns? do u have smalls resorts or lifts there, hiking..? i've heard u can go up with old tanks or old army helicopters? is it kind of dangerous there? please, tell me something about it. i'm still aiming to go, probably for the most thrilling ski adventure out there ;)

*dopre verde*
bondar

Post by bondar »

hi
i got about materials, thanks. i'll found them anyway:)
i'll tell you with pleasure about siberia & urals mtns. but may be it's not quite correctly to discuss it in material forum? :) write me to e-mail ravil.nasretdinov@gmail.com or tell me your email. i have a bit info for your surprise :)

Bondar
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

dEFcHILL wrote:this is the 'main' company in europe. there are sitting in germany + austria, i think...but they are just selling in bigger amounts..where are ya from? maybe we could do a collector-order together, to get better prices..

www.isosport.com
Hi, dEFcHILL, i live probably close to you, i´am just curios,, did you already get edges? Becouse we are trying to build some skis too /btw. respect to everybody from skibuilders.com, whole idea came up after i have found this site :)/ and now we are trying to figure out where to get all materials..it sucks..
The basic problem we have is where to get edges and base material...in small quantity..
How far are you with your skis?
dEFcHILL

Post by dEFcHILL »

How far are you with your skis?
2morrow, we are going to draw it on cad. and on weekend, we will test the flex from several skis.

4 charlie:

u are right, in winter i live in the east of austria+in summer back home near the boarder to cz. :)