Poor customer service Sawgrass

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mikic1

Poor customer service Sawgrass

Post by mikic1 »

Hello,

I been trying for some time to get some ink from Sawgrass in Europe. First I did not get any aswers, then later when I tried again to fill out the webform I got in contact with an employee. He gave me the in supplier contact in Sweden.

Now I get no reply from the ink supplier in Sweden, and when I try to get back to the Sawgrass person I get no replies.

Now am I unluckly or do I have to work hard to get some ink for sublimation from Sawgrass?

Is there an alternative for epson t3200? Does epson produce the ink for sublimation?

Cheeers
M
OAC

Post by OAC »

When I contacted them in Sweden I was contacted by a guy in Norway!! After that I didn't hear anything. Possibly because my printer wasn't listed. Epson R1900. So I took the chinese road. :-) Unlike some others, I haven't had any issues with the ink...yet
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Maybe J-Teck (J-Next ink) is more friendly ;)
Tom
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

Try http://www.colgraphix.com/en/products/ink, the Dutch distributor for Sawgrass! They've been very helpful and carry both Sawgrass and J-Teck inks. I'd recommend either going with the Sawgrass Subli-M or the J-Next inks.
mikic1

Post by mikic1 »

thx guys!
mikic1

Post by mikic1 »

Chrismp, do I get refilable cartridges for my Epson T3200 or will the supplier be able to sell me ink in cartridges?

I know there is like 300mL and 700mL version for this printer.
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Better you get a cis system or refillable cartridges. Always cheaper to buy ink in bottles then in cartridges.

Dont know with the T3200 (just have the 7600) but look into modifying the ink waste tank (an 7600 drill a hole in the waste tank, put a tube in and the tube into a bottle fixed to the printer stand so you dont have to mess around with full waste tank) You may need also chip resetters.
Tom
mikic1

Post by mikic1 »

Perfect,

I am totally new to this kind of printers so I will need to meka a list of things needed to do in order to make it ready for sublim.

I am not sure yet what a waste tank is, will have to do some reading.

Is there an alibaba suppler on refilable cartrages and chip resetter, o is it some original supplier to go with?

Thx
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

I ordered some cartridges via ebay, its a chinese seller. Shipping was quick, but i assume it hangs at customs right now. I can tell you more when i receive the cartridges. Ordered some ink dampers too (think of ink filters), these can be blocked by supply ink. Good to have spares on hand (2-3$ / color)

The pro printers have a waste ink tank, its a plastic cartridge filled with some absorbant material. Everytime when you do a nozzle check/clean or switch on the printer or ... the ink gets sucked by a pump trough the printhead, and this ink goes into the waste ink tank. After a while the tank is full and u need a new one from epson for around 40 bucks.

Or you build a system like i told you above with tube and catch can/bottle.

Alternatively you can put out the absorber material out of the tank and put in some tampons or similar stuff. Explain this to your girlfriend :) Then you reset the waste ink counter and spend the 40 bucks on beer or schnaps ;)

You will need a chip resetter to reset the counter chips on waste ink tank or ink cartridges (there some auto resetting chips on 3rd party cartridges too). This one you get for around 10 dollares if i remember right.

All info based on my 7600 printer, your milage will vary a little bit on the newer 3100.

When i receive my cartridges i plan to refill my original epson cartridges with cleaning fluid, so its easy to clean the printer if you dont need it for some months (a clogged print head is pita and u need a lot of ink to clean).
Cleaning fluid i mixed by myself (for the normal ink), for subli ink you should use cleaning fluid matchink your subli ink from your ink supplier.
Tom
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Btw. we did put a new empty ink tank and a full one on a scale, it was more then 0.5kg difference.... 0.5kg ink just wasted ... :|

Maybe you can do something similar on the T3200:

http://www.ctphoto.com/9600_ink_bypass.html
Tom