Check your glass!!!!!

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

gozaimaas

Post by gozaimaas »

The triax I use has the 45° fibres on either side, you dont get a good look at the 0° or 90° as it turned out to be.
I catually keep my glass in a seperate room so it doesnt get contaminated so I really only look at it for a few minutes while I cut it and while I lay up. I just didnt notice until yesterday unfortunately.
Im paying the price for assuming I guess.
gav wa

Post by gav wa »

Don't chuck them straight away. If any of them have a lot of camber you might find the softer flex makes them heaps of fun to ride. Shame none of them are twins, would make a real cool jib board.

Also remember the locals in Japan are usually pretty light. You might be able to sell a couple for cost of materials over there.

Or grind off the topsheet and add a heavy strip of 12k carbon.

Glad you mentioned the supplier, that response from them is horse shit. Nothing from them ever gonna be in any of my boards. Do you still have the proof of purchase. ACCC might say you have a case to request a return on cost of all the materials you wasted. Our consumer laws also give you three years to make a claim.
gav wa

Post by gav wa »