diecutting and different base materials

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Dtrain

diecutting and different base materials

Post by Dtrain »

If just die cutting a smaller logo in the base material, does anybody think mixing
2000 grade crown sintered with the 4000 or 4400 grade sintered isosport stuff will be an issue?

Also, does anybody want to compare thoughts on how much slower extruded base actually is?

for the price of it, colour selection, and standard of .047'' available, Ive thought about stocking up.
gozaimaas

Post by gozaimaas »

I mixed some cheap crown stuff with my iso 7200 for a small logo on the nose. No problem.
I wouldnt do it on the running length though.
gav wa

Post by gav wa »

I would have to lean towards good structuring suited to the conditions and a wax job that also suits over a sintered vs extruded base. Obviously both bases structured and waxed the same the sintered will be faster hands down, especially that Volkl VRL stuff, that stuff is nuts.

I have seen some pretty fast extruded bases before and it's easy to repair too, but for the small difference in price I would vote for sintered, don't think I would be buying the 7200 stuff too often though.