Fiberlay Canada?

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

NinetyFour

Fiberlay Canada?

Post by NinetyFour »

Has anyone else had the chance to deal with Fiberlay Canada (or fiberlay in general?)

Been sort of frustrating for me, as I can never get time during my work day to phone them, I'm having to deal with them through email. Their website is also being heavily updated so I can't buy product right off of the website. Now I'm trying to buy their 'Ecopoxy' which is just Entropy's resin being sold under Fiberlays private label (it was actually Desi that directed me to Fiberlay as shipping was well over $100 for a 1.5 gallon kit if it were to come from Gardena) LONG story short, I've emailed them a few times asking for a shipping quote and what the actual price of the epoxy is, I get a reply asking for full shipping details, I send a reply, and then get no reply back? Does it take a week or more to generate a shipping quote?

I will be trying again in a few days, and in no way do I think Fiberlay is just blowing me off or something like that. They may just be in super deep with updating their website. More or less wondering what other peoples experiences have been with Fiberlay.

If anyone knows another good retailer of Entropy's product in Canada or maybe the PNW, I'd be open to trying anyone really. I need to have my epoxy by yesterday ;p

Thanks guys!
NinetyFour

Update

Post by NinetyFour »

Never mind guys! Just got a quote for $42 so I'd imagine that they are just balls to the wall busy with their website update. Now I can get to building here real soon!
camhard

Post by camhard »

I know this is kinda late, but thought I'd post to say thanks for informing me that they sell Entropy, just under a different name. I'm going to be needing some more epoxy soon, and the entropy stuff I bought 3 years ago is about gone. It was a huge pain getting it shipped then, as even sending it to Point Roberts where I have a shipping address required it to actually enter Canada first, and there were issues due to it being chemicals, or something.

Anyways, yes, I think they are just very busy. There is only one guy that sort of manages the entire BC side of things. They are also moving warehouses.