Green Sidewall Material

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

agiocochook

Green Sidewall Material

Post by agiocochook »

I'm working on skis where green sidewalls would look great with the graphics, but I'm not having any luck finding green material. Crown listed some on their remnant site, but when I called it turned out that it was all gone....Any suggestions as to where else I could look? Or, does anyone have a little they'd be willing to sell?

Thanks,
Scott
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I've got 3 strips that are cut all f'd up. Would be enough for a snowboard, but you'd be one short for a pair of skis.

My bandsaw blade was toast but I was impatient so I tried cutting strips from a giant slab I had. The height varies from like 1/2" to an inch. They just need to be cut a little straighter, or planed flat after gluing to the core.

If 3 is enough for you, let me know, you'd just have to pay shipping is all. (they are bright almost flourescent green, very pretty)
agiocochook

Post by agiocochook »

Is the green you have 1/2" wide? and what're the lengths? Also, do you happen to know what the Pantone color is? I know of someone else who has some, but again not quite enough, and I'm not sure if it's the same green.

Thanks,
Scott
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Yes I believe it is 1/2" thick, and 70" long (but I will measure it tonight after work to make sure).

No idea on the pantone color, I bought it from Sherpa Burns on here last April (a year ago!), so he might know the answer to that.
Sherpa Burns

Post by Sherpa Burns »

I don't know the Pantone either. I had a bunch of this, but I am all out. I have 3 leftover strips of a forest green that are about 1/2" wide if that helps. I think I have some purple left too. It's kind of a Plum Crazy type color that is really cool looking. I'd have to double check, but I bet it is at least 5" wide. I was using this purple with a light Avodire veneer that came out mindblowingly beautiful.