edge

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

strangesnowboarding

edge

Post by strangesnowboarding »

hey guys,
so it looks like we will be purchasing FAR too much edge material from CDW in the near future. i am expecting to purchase before the second week of jan and will expect delivery sometime before the end of feb. given that we will have an excess i will be offering up some of the extra for sale here on skibuilders.
this is not necessarily a group buy (as we will be buying the whole shipment) but i would like to gauge the interest from forum members.
if anyone is looking for large quantities of edges (more than 3 pairs of skis or 6 boards) please respond or PM so that i can start divvying it out. we can also discuss the step size, tooth pattern, etc.
once i have all that figured out and have paid for and placed the order i will know how much the edges will go for per meter (shipped to your location). should be much cheaper than buying 84in edges and having a "half wrap"..... lame.
again this is no money up front but i would like to know what the interest levels are out there. if there is a lot of interest i may put in an order for more than the min quantity.

thanks guys!
tom
FigmentOriginal

Post by FigmentOriginal »

PM Sent!
strangesnowboarding

Post by strangesnowboarding »

alright, so i have received a ton of pm's and emails in just a few short days. we will absolutely be pulling the trigger on this order. i am in the process of receiving a solid quote and confirming the sizes that they stock here in the USA, i will then get an e-mail list together and start sending out group e-mails with all the info as well as the quantities left available.

now if only we could get this together for some iso PBT and crown Galleria! we could all be getting the same prices as mervin soon!

please keep PMing me with your e-mail addresses if you are interested and i will get the numbers all crunched.

thanks!
tom
team08

Post by team08 »

now if only we could get this together for some iso PBT and crown Galleria! we could all be getting the same prices as mervin soon!
Now if only ANYBODY OTHER THAN ISOSPORT would make sublimatable topsheet material, we would be thrilled! I wish Crown would get into this game, maybe with Nylon (hint hint wink wink)!!!

I hate dealing with Iso, and I am not really impressed with PBT. It looks great after sublimating, but durability is terrible.
threeninethree

Post by threeninethree »

Tom,
PM sent!
~ Matt
zarthstar

Sent Email

Post by zarthstar »

Hi Tom,
I sent you an email about the edges. I want in. Is the order still happening.

Thanks for organizing.

Seth