Vertically laminated natural bamboo china direct!

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

twizzstyle

Re: Trivia

Post by twizzstyle »

Bloefeld wrote: Anyone remember Miller Softs from the 70's? They had bamboo cores.
I'll have to admit that is ahead of my time so I had to do some googling. Very cool skis, soft and fat! Who knew that was the way of the future!

In my building experience, the bamboo is far stiffer than any of the normal woods I was using. Stiff and light, I love the stuff.
Bloefeld

Re: Trivia

Post by Bloefeld »

twizzstyle wrote:
Bloefeld wrote: Anyone remember Miller Softs from the 70's? They had bamboo cores.
I'll have to admit that is ahead of my time so I had to do some googling. Very cool skis, soft and fat! Who knew that was the way of the future!

In my building experience, the bamboo is far stiffer than any of the normal woods I was using. Stiff and light, I love the stuff.
Twizz,

Cool photos of a really fun ski if you lived at the end of Little Cottonwood Canyon. I love the Marker "Explode -o-mat- heals. The toes were I think F-4's or some such, they were a great toe with the worst heal binding every invented.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Bloefeld