Fabrics for Skipress Europe

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

zeno

Fabrics for Skipress Europe

Post by zeno »

I need Fabrics form my Skipress. maybe corduraor something like that.
and someone who can sew them.
If anyone knows something pleas tell me.
falls

Post by falls »

I think montucky madman on this forum has helped people out with cordura for fabric presses in the past.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Has anyone thought about using Dyneema rope?
It is incredibly strong, breaking load for 6mm line is nearly 4000 kg. And, it isn't terribly expensive either.
Want skis Better, Cheaper, Faster and much much Cooler... build your own.
H-man

Post by H-man »

I have just received my cordura on a roll from extremtextil.de will post pictures as we start building the molds and hoses.

Perhaps interesting for others in europe looking for materials I have good experiences with hp-textiles.com for epoxies and fiberglass with my earlier snowboards and surfboard building.
webboy

Post by webboy »

@hurkummer: Yeah please do post. I got some cordura from montuckymadman over christmas and plan to start building this spring. I think using cloth is such a great idea for the homebuilder mainly due to ease of press construction/handling, but of course that's just talk since I haven't done it myself- yet. ;) Others in here seem to be having rather good success, but any input we can give each other will only help push this idea further.