Bio based resins are here?

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Greg

Bio based resins are here?

Post by Greg »

I just got this email from Entropy Resins... their store is open. Definitely more expensive than QCM but at least the technology is coming along.

http://www.entropysports.com/store/

Too bad I am in Europe now, but it would be very interesting to find out how this stuff works... I don't think I would eat it though like the guy in that snowboard building video...
Want skis Better, Cheaper, Faster and much much Cooler... build your own.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Yeah I'm super excited to try this stuff out, will probably try it on my next pair. I think they said its not actually edible, the video was a joke... saw that posted on here somewhere.
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

Something else to look at is Ecopoxy Systems. I've built 9 pairs with them, and I have about 50 days on my main pair of skis. No delam issues, or any signs of breaking down with any of the pairs. It is also great for room temp. curing. I don't use heat, and everything has worked out great. This company states 100% Certified for No Toxic Organic Compounds. I still wear a respirator, but there is almost no odor, and I haven't noticed any problems the few times that I haven't worn a respirator.