materials in Germany??

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

windsurfer

materials in Germany??

Post by windsurfer »

Hi!
I can't find any materials in Germany!
I even don't know if I have the time to build skis, but I'd like to try it. Thus, I only want to buy materials for one or two pairs and I don't want to spend too much. I'm a very poor student... ;)
Can you guys help me?

karsten
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

Hi Windsurfer,

Don't stress out. I'm sure there are quite a few guys can help you out.

Are you trying to look for local suppliers only? If not, then many (if not all) of the suppliers found in the links section have international divisions as well. Specifically, I would recommend the following suppliers:

*base, topsheet, sidewall, tipspacer materials - Durasurf
*epoxy - QCM
*inserts - Camax
*edges - CDW (for bulk) or snowboardmaterials.com (small quantities)

Of course you can just order everything from snowboardmaterials.com. Those guys do international shipping as well. Good luck!
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)
windsurfer

Post by windsurfer »

Thanks.
I already looked at snowboardmaterials.com... It will be too expensive for me. If I buy edges, base material, sidewalls and topsheet, I have to pay 180$ for it. 90 dollars shipping and 90 dollars for the materials. And I can buy a public enemy or 1080 for 250 Euros incl. the bindings!
I just contacted another small ski producer in Germany. The guy replied that he had just thrown away a whole container!!! :? :? But he watches out for some stuff...
davide

Post by davide »

Hi,
if you want I can sell you some base and edges. For glass, carbon, kevlar and epoxy look on www.r-g.de, they have a lot of good stuff and plenty of information.

The base I have costs around 8-10 euros per meter (320mm wide), I have PTEX2000 and PTEX4000, either black, transparent or green.
The edges come at 1.50 euro per meter, standard or wide (snowboard type).

Ich wohne im Genf, but I will be in Bonn around the 1st of September to visit a friend. Sending by mail from Switzerland could be quite expensive.
windsurfer

Post by windsurfer »

Thank you!
you got a message!