skiBuil: FLEX-question

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

dEFcHILL

skiBuil: FLEX-question

Post by dEFcHILL »

hey,

we are from austria and also going to build our own stuff..

we go to uni and so we've possibilities to build+calculate our ski..
w're planning a pow-twintip, mad'n ak'-like(137/108/127)

our main problem is, that we need some facts of the strengh of a ski. i mean the different strengh of the ski at different places+and also, we would need a 'bending-line'. with this we could calculate all the details and proportions of our innerlife of our ski..

we would be really happy, if u guyz could help us!

thanx a lot! greez *defchill*
davide

Post by davide »

I did some flex test like this: I put two wood block on the floor, put the ski on top I stand on the ski (I weight 70Kg), then I measure the flex; I do the measurement with the blocks at 70cm 90cm and 110cm apart. I do tests during the construction, so I know how stiff/soft are the ski I am building.
I suggest you start measuring the with and the thickness every 10cm of a pair of skis, so you get an idea of the shape. You can find the results here: http://isuisse.ifrance.com/Tromso/aeg/AEG.htm.

As they say here http://www.skibuilders.com/howto/skicon ... file.shtml, the central part is flat, then ski get thinner and thinner when moving towards the tail and the tip, about 4mm thinner every 20cm. The bending line depens on this profile.

Post by Guest »

hello and thank you!

the 1st link doesn't exist anymore. do u have the testing result in a different way?
davide

Post by davide »

defchill

Post by defchill »

oh man, thx very much! this is really helpful! do u still know other sites like this, where to find facts (in numbres). we are searching for anything, that we can build our calculation for the skis on that measurements.