couple questions

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MadRussian

couple questions

Post by MadRussian »

for the graphics. I'm still using cotton. Planning to make to pair this summer where carbon fiber and other stuff will definitely show through the cotton. Fiberglass we using will get transparent so is regular white cotton also get almost transparent. I'm looking for some product which can stay white under top graphics and cover all black stuff.

Separately. While this is not as timely as my first question.
When making templates. I'm still going paper templates on MDF and belt Sander afterwards. edge Sander is very convenient and work extremely well.
My problem paper very quickly get separated from MDF rolling up words and make it difficult to see where is the line. I tried spray adhesive, double-faced tape. This two methods doesn't do well. Also tried much stronger adhesive which work well for the purpose paper rose up less but sandpaper get load up with adhesive much quicker which create problem of its own.

hopefully group wisdom can point me in right direction
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
mammuth

Re: couple questions

Post by mammuth »

Templates: use the template to spray on some paint. The paint will be your cutting template then
Tom