Salomon STH2 Template

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mammuth

Salomon STH2 Template

Post by mammuth »

Anybody who has a Salomon STH2 WTR 13 or 16 on hand to check with a template for me? Need to put some inserts, on the net there are templates with different measurements floating around. And i dont have the binding to crosscheck :/
Tom
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Did you use the tgr official binding template thread download?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/sho ... -Templates

I dont have a sth2 but the solly mount has been the same for a long time.

I have a jigarex.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

STH2 changed from the old 916 pattern.

The Teton sheet says for the toe 42.5mm spacing of the frontmost screws and 31mm distance to the second row (40mm spacing)

The latest powderguide sheet says 42mm spacing and 30mm distance to the second row (40mm spacing)

And somehow the teton forum is strange, my old account is not allowed to post anything, a new one doesnt work...
Tom
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Email the jigarex guy or the binding freedom guy, i think that is johndrums on tgr.
Or buy a jigarex jig for 45 bucks.
Between the 2 of them someone should give you the answer based on the measurements you have provided here.

Or go to a shop with a jig and pay them to drill an old ski and make a rubbing or take measurements.
Seems odd the diff is .5mm and 1mm on the other.
If you drill normally you could prolly fudge it but not with inserts as im sure you know.

Split the difference?

I have done some not so great inserts(binding freedom/quiver killer) and if you are careful you can still get the binding in.

If you could post to that thread on tgr someone would measure it and hopefully more than 1 person.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Thanks for the tips. I know its harakiri to do inserts without the binding on hand, but where i am now there are no skishops having this salomon.

Im doing M5 or M6 inserts like on snowboards during layup. You need to be quite precise to get a proper fit.
Tom