True Center of Ski

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Cadman

True Center of Ski

Post by Cadman »

I have a question about true center on a ski. I am assuming the on a ski the has the same length tip and tail, I would think that the true center of the ski would be the same place as the MRS. (Half the length of the ski) However, skis are being designed with longer tips than tails. To design the position of the waist of the ski, the norm is 55% of the running length from the tip. So is the true center of the ski even relevant on skis with longer tips than tails. I would think that you want to take the distance from the widest point at the tip and at the tail and mark the mid point and then place your waist appropriately. I don't think the true center point comes into play at this point. Any takers on this one?
vinman

Post by vinman »

True center of the ski has no meaning for me only the waist which I usually place at 53-55% of the overall length of the ski. For a tele skier I tenet o push this forward a little since they are more concerned with the balance point of the ski as they tend to mount their bindings withe the waist of the boot of the foot instead of boot sole center.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com