tip tail de-lam

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

olie25

tip tail de-lam

Post by olie25 »

having some tip tail de lam issues with the the first few boards that we pressed up, we got some between base and fill as well as some between top sheet and fill. We did use base and tip fill, re flamed it and abraded the finished side. And may have not perfectly wet out the glass. how easy is it to get de lam between base and fill. if we get a perfect wet out good cure (heated 1 blanket on top for now) and use proper tip fill and re flame and clean this shouldn't be happening right. o and we use entropy cpm
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I have never had delam in the tips. Make sure your stuff is clean, and flame everything. Did sand after flaming, or flame after sanding? And yes, insufficient epoxy will absolutely cause delam.
ggardner90

Post by ggardner90 »

i was having a similar issue, after many ideas i thought would solve the problem and trying all the tips from the guys on here i finally called entropy and we decided it was most likely an improper cure for the epoxy. my recomendation is to leave the layup in the press for another 20min past what u think you need. also make sure that u are in fact flame treating and not burn treating your plastics