Does this say enough?

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

rockaukum

Does this say enough?

Post by rockaukum »

Yet another great day on the mountain!
The skis worked great. Very lively and soft for the spring like conditions, but skiing in an area like this, anything would be great. Am I wrong?
I was at REI shopping the other day and happened to think to ask if they had a stone grinder. After some talking they agreeded to do only a stone grind (It is normally part of a full package deal). Once the guy saw the skis he called over other workers to check them out. After the grind I asked of they would be willng to do this in the future and he said that I would want to talk to the head tech because he would have Questions...Looking forward to skiing now that I will have some edges on them for the first time.
RA
Last edited by rockaukum on Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

hi rockaukum,

nice photo, and your skis look great! i'm very jealous looking at the nice snow behind you, not to mention the beautiful weather.

to post photos:

first, you need to upload your photo to a site that will allow "hot linking",
then just add the tags "Image" before and after your URL.
SCHÜSS

Post by SCHÜSS »

wow. really nice.

What was the place you were skiing at?

may i ask how durability was?

schuss
SCHÜSS 2011
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Location is Mt. Ralston in California. Lake Tahoe is in the backgroud to the left just out of the picture. look here
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u242 ... G_0108.jpg
The skis work great. I have hit a few rocks due to the lack of coverage and also hit a small tree with the tip and have no damage yet. There are areas that have a gap (small) between the edge and the base and have epoxy there and it is holding fine. As said before, these have not had a base grind until the other day and I will be skiing on them Tues, Wed, and possibly Thurs. We are expecting one to two feet Monday and Tuesday. I think we will be going to Red Lake Peak on Wednesday if anyone is out there.
Kam, Thanks for the help. I guess photobucket does not do the hotlink stuff. I have tried several times and no luck. Is this a free service or a pay service and where would you recomend I post the pics to hotlink them?
Thanks,
RA
iggyskier

Post by iggyskier »

photobucket is what I use and it is super easy. You dont even need to insert the Image

another way to do it is upload a picture, then right click and go to properties and copy the actual pics URL. You can always just right click and copy image location, then insert it into:

Photobucket is awesome and free. hope that helps