Ionic Skis 2013

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Sonny

Post by Sonny »

First pair is done!

I'll let the pictures speak for them selves.

To sum it all up.

137-104-124 @ 23meter radius
1950gram/ski
Stiff flex.

All in all I'm happy with this pair of skis, they could have been a bit softer and thus lighter but thats for next pair. Some airbubbles in the CF and no real clue why but that probably wont matter to much..

Tomorrow I'll post pictures of my Powder skis and maybe my friends Splitboard. :-)
Today is a happy day! :)
[/img]
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Damn nice! For the first pair (or any pair) that's an excellent job.
OAC

Post by OAC »

Very good! You will be pleasant surprise when you ski them! :) (I hope...)
(Just a personal reflexion, 1950g/ski with "mostly poplar" core and CF...? That's what my "Raven" weighs with poplar/ash core and regular FG triax..)
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

OAC wrote:Very good! You will be pleasant surprise when you ski them! :) (I hope...)
(Just a personal reflexion, 1950g/ski with "mostly poplar" core and CF...? That's what my "Raven" weighs with poplar/ash core and regular FG triax..)
Thanks. I hope so too.
Yeah I agree, they are not very light but still not heavy either. The core could have been alot thinner. Also, next time we will be using a combination of +-45° biax CF and uni direction 0° CF. The skis are STIFF and probably torsionally strong as a rock. Hehe..

Vänta du bara, nästa skidpar blir lätta som faan! :P
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

All 3 pair of skis and all 3 snowboards are now done, mounted and shipped to Japan. We will follow in 4 days and we are all so excited to try this years builds.. :) Here are some pictures of my Powder skis.

Last two pictures are my friend Fredrik's powder skis, real monsters who came out super stiff, not at all what he was aiming for but now we know what to expect from the carbon until next time :)

First pictures are of my skis, who are All poplar core, with bamboo sidewalls, Measurements are 156-129-147 as stated on the skis and they are almost exactly 2100gram/ski which i'm happy with. The yellow parts on the skis are 60gram/sqm aramid fibers, added just for fun no purpose at all really... kevlar sounds awesome does it not? hehe..

I'll report back with trip reports from Japan in a week if japanese customs are nice to us.. :)
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Serious looking skis! Looking forward to the trip report.