Epic Planks Skis

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Hi Joe,

It was the view formed from watching the video listed above. The bias you guys have towards the rear of the ski is best observed when the guys surprise themselves and come to a halt - around 7 mins. Would deeper and steeper terrain show these skis off better?
Joe

Post by Joe »

Richuk wrote:Hi Joe, It was the view formed from watching the video listed above. The bias you guys have towards the rear of the ski is best observed when the guys surprise themselves and come to a halt - around 7 mins. Would deeper and steeper terrain show these skis off better?
Hey Richuk,

Hard to get too deep into ski design by watching a couple of turns from one vantage point on a video- especially when so many of those shots are on so many different skis. We find the best way to show the skis off and not coincidentally the best way to refine ski design is simply to ski them in every condition and get other people on our skis as often as possible. Obviously we hope to keep making awesome videos as well!
Epic Planks Handmade Skis
http://www.epicplanks.com

Our Ski Builders Journal:
viewtopic.php?t=3748
powbrewer

The First Ever All American Ski & Snowboard Demo Day

Post by powbrewer »

Hey guys, we are helping to support an event that the Reddy Yeti guys are throwing and wanted to share the info. It will be a great chance to support the American Ski/Snowboard building scene. Here is more info:

What is The All American Snow Show and why is it on Indiegogo?

"The All American Snow Show will be the first ever demo day featuring only American-made skis and snowboards. Our goal is to bring all of these amazing brands together for four days at two ski resorts in the Northeast so more skiers can experience the creative design and state of the art technology of these all American made products. We will also be showcasing KneeBindings which are the only bindings in the world featuring pure lateral release technology, which highly reduces the risk of ACL injuries while skiing. KneeBindings are made in the state of Vermont and they are the only American manufactured bindings. At the All American Snow Show skiers will have the opportunity to demo dozens of skis and snowboards with the latest technology being developed here in the United States with American materials and labor. "

Location & Dates

Stowe Mountain Resort VT. TBA

Stratton Mountain Resort VT. December 15th-16th

viewtopic.php?t=3748
vinman

Post by vinman »

Nice, if Stowe wasn't so freakin expensive I'd come check you out.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
jeff@shaggys

Post by jeff@shaggys »

Good looking stuff. Hope the All American Snow Show works out, we're looking forward to it. I don't think we'll be able to bring the front porch all that way though...
skishaggys.com
powbrewer

Post by powbrewer »

Yeah, hope to see you guys there too! Definitely would be a long haul for the front porch, but I'm sure it would be a hit
SCCSkis wrote:Good looking stuff. Hope the All American Snow Show works out, we're looking forward to it. I don't think we'll be able to bring the front porch all that way though...

viewtopic.php?t=3748
powbrewer

Post by powbrewer »

Well, we have started the move to our new location. Will post a lot more once we get organized.

Getting organized by Epic Planks, on Flickr

Breaking in the new ski factory by brewing a brown ale by Epic Planks, on Flickr

viewtopic.php?t=3748
Drew

Post by Drew »

Thanks for the shout out to the All American Snow Show.

Updated Event locations are Stratton and Killington VT. Stowe changed their event policies after the Indiegogo was launched.

Drew Pfundstein
Co-Founder Reddyyeti.com
ProbsMagobs

Post by ProbsMagobs »

i just read your guys' story and i gotta say its a huge inspiration. not many people on here get to sell their stuff the way you do and i'd love to see some more!
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

Pow Brewer: can you get me in touch with those american ski show guys?
Hah that's Mountain Creek, my stomping grounds :)
Doug
Drew

Post by Drew »

@knightsofnii drew "at" reddyyeti.com is my email. We filmed at Mountain Creek this summer.