Rasta Snowboard

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

royal1

Rasta Snowboard

Post by royal1 »

This is a full custom 145cm twin. Sandwich construction, full sublimation top sheet and base, 19oz biax fiberglass over a full wood core. Love this board, It came out way better than I expected. Wanted to keep this one, but it is sold. The colors in the graphics pop so nicely. The pictures don't even do it justice.

Thanks for checking out my photos. We will get picks of our thrid board up soon!
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Beautiful! Did you say biax??? Did you mean triax?
royal1

Biaxial was the order of the day

Post by royal1 »

Definately used 19oz biaxial fiberglass. We needed a flexible board for a novice all mountain board. Worked great!
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

I use biax on my pow boards. I like the flex that biax glass provides on a playful board. For serious freeriding triax is much better.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Are you guys putting it at 45 deg? If not, why not just use uni and save some weight?
royal1

biax

Post by royal1 »

We are using a 45 weave so that we can keep some torsional stiffness in the boards. I would think the weight difference would be very small between biax and uni. Your thoughts?
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Ok if you're using it at a 45 that makes sense. I thought you might be using it 0/90, and the 90 fibers wouldn't be doing much but adding weight.