VSC 2011 and on

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

Actully that's not true. Remember when I put that topsheet on upside down? Yea well that was a bad BTSR haha. oopsies :oops:
amidnightproject

Mixed things up a little bit with this one. Pretty happy with the final weight. 6.7lbs at 181cm. Can't wait to get em on the snow
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Is it just the photo, or is there some waviness to the top of the core/top?
amidnightproject

It's wavy. I stepped the core on this and then made some changes to my mold that gave it an additional wave I didn't expect but accomplished what I wanted to. Camber under foot with slight early rise once you are applying weight. Before pressing the core didn't appear to have that much of a wave, but afterwards, sighting down the sidewall it's far more pronounced then I originally expected.
amidnightproject

I'm going to be up at Sugarloaf March 8,9,10 for any of you NE/New Englanders that head up that way. I'll be hanging out at the Widowmaker Lounge all three nights. Stop buy grab a brew.
amidnightproject

Had loads of fun this weekend. 3 nights of raffling, chatting with people and beers. It was great! We raised just over $1000 for Children's Cancer Treatment. It was great!

The new skis were great too. Very smooth flex. Great rolling over bumps in the woods. Very fast and extremely edge-able. Great pop as well.

twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

amidnightproject wrote:We raised just over $1000 for Children's Cancer Treatment. It was great!
That is AWESOME Chris!
amidnightproject

twizzstyle wrote:
amidnightproject wrote:We raised just over $1000 for Children's Cancer Treatment. It was great!
That is AWESOME Chris!
Yea I'm actually very happy with how much we raised. It set the bar for next year. Hoping to try and double that next year. We closed the bar all 3 nights and raked in a bunch of people. The bar staff was all equally pleased with how much we raised and started giving us free drinks at the end of Sat night after they learned how much we raised.

The raffle was part of a 3 night concert series put on by two Maine bands. The cover at the door all 3 nights goes entirely to the cancer benefit as well and they also sell T-shirts to raise money too. Pretty cool.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Chris that's great!
deepskis

Post by deepskis »

Thats fantastic!
Every turn is a sign of fear

www.deepskis.com
amidnightproject

yum :D

Pretty much just for the sake of posting SOMETHING 8)
deepskis

Post by deepskis »

Nice looking cf :D

Weight? Triax?
Every turn is a sign of fear

www.deepskis.com
amidnightproject

that stuff there is 6.9oz Uni.

I like it. quite a bit. I need to pickup some biax however for the tips on my longer skis.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I love unrolling huge rolls of CF. There's something so beautiful and satisfying about it. I've used a lot of twill weave for other projects, and it turns out looking amazing.
amidnightproject

twizzstyle wrote:I love unrolling huge rolls of CF. There's something so beautiful and satisfying about it. I've used a lot of twill weave for other projects, and it turns out looking amazing.
Yea its honestly one of my favorite things to do. That roll was at the end and had already been cutdown quite a bit. My favorite is when it spans the whole width of the table. I could honestly cover everything in it!