Third board almost done

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Huck Pitueee

Third board almost done

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Just playing with a carbon top sheet and graphics. And it's a split board I just have to order the hardware.Image
sierrachub019 by Huck Pitueee, on FlickrImage
sierrachub004 by Huck Pitueee, on Flickr
sierrachub005 by Huck Pitueee, on Flickr
sierrachub009 by Huck Pitueee, on Flickr
vinman

Post by vinman »

nice look. How did you do carbon and the graphic?
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Vinman wrote:nice look. How did you do carbon and the graphic?

I layed up the carbon after the board was bagged. Burried the carbon in uv epoxy. Wet sanded and urethane coated. covered the whole thing with masking tape and knifed the graphics. Peeled tape and sprayed.
COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

WOWWWW! Nice job man!
EC Trees

Post by EC Trees »

the holes for you touring bracket look way to far back. maybe its the perspective but if its not your going to have a hell of a time breaking trail. other than that that thing is the tits.
is it the graphic you masked out on the carbon?
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

EC Trees wrote:the holes for you touring bracket look way to far back. maybe its the perspective but if its not your going to have a hell of a time breaking trail. other than that that thing is the tits.
It' the perpective. Not sure of your question about making but I masked the whole board then removed the tape where I wanted to spray on the graphic.
WhitePine

Post by WhitePine »

Sweet. Did you do an inside edge on this thing? Wood inner sidewalls?
EC Trees

Post by EC Trees »

Huck Pitueee wrote:
EC Trees wrote:the holes for you touring bracket look way to far back. maybe its the perspective but if its not your going to have a hell of a time breaking trail. other than that that thing is the tits.
It' the perpective. Not sure of your question about making but I masked the whole board then removed the tape where I wanted to spray on the graphic.
ya that's what i referring to. because it almost looks like you cut the carbon so that graphic is the knockout
Jibber

Post by Jibber »

Wow that board is so beautiful 8)

Cheers, Christoph
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

THIRD board!!!

OMG, respect those skills :D
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Cap. Beautiful work, good eye. Not serious. Really. Rocker on a backcountry? Have you done any break/flex/failure testing? But really beautiful...seriously...just not usable is what I see. I would break that in 2 days...either in construction from delam or with a hammer after using a park camber in back-country.
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

WhitePine wrote:Sweet. Did you do an inside edge on this thing? Wood inner sidewalls?
This board is for me so no edges or ptex. Trying to keep her a light as possible. If you have to lift an extra half pound with every step in the back country you get less runs. Nothing but powder or corn for this ride.
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

Brazen wrote:Cap. Beautiful work, good eye. Not serious. Really. Rocker on a backcountry? Have you done any break/flex/failure testing? But really beautiful...seriously...just not usable is what I see. I would break that in 2 days...either in construction from delam or with a hammer after using a park camber in back-country.
The powder in my area is almost never dry and light it's more like marshmallo fluff heavy and sticky so rocker really helps. Why do you think the board is weak? It has plenty triax under the carbon.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

That's not much of a criteria. You can ride the hood of a car in PC powder...or an ironing board. Listen...it's beautiful work. Seriously. There's just a lil bit to go.
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
Huck Pitueee

Post by Huck Pitueee »

I never said it was the best board in the world. It's just what I'm going to have a blast on aaallll winter long. Then I'll build another for next year only a little better and so on.